Skip to content
coffee and smoking
An_206790 posted:
I stop smoking Janaury,2, 2009. After smoking for 21 years, my childred were a big reason why I decided to stop smoking. Coffee was my best friend when I smoke. Had a ciggarate and a cup of coffee. When I quit, I also stoped drinking coffee. It didn't feel right just drinking coffee, but, not smoking. Now I drink hot coco or juice in the morning and i feel better. Hang in there we can do it.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Anon_14289,

Your suggestions are good ones! Many times, especially when you've just quit, it's important to change associations as you mentioned, like between smoking and coffee.

For some people, switching mugs, where they sit, what they do (such as reading watering a garden instead of reading the paper), just so they break up those "old routines."

How are you doing?

In support,

Byroney

Featuring Experts

Jonathan Foulds, PhD. is a Professor of Public Health Sciences at Penn State University, College of Medicine. After obtaining a first class honors deg...More

Helpful Tips

What are the characteristics of effective smoking cessation treatment?Expert
Many smokers who have tried unsuccessfully to quit smoking on their own start to consider seeking help to quit. Of course a quick internet ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.