Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
schiz
snoopy1004 posted:
I have been quit now for 4 months. Am very proud. But do not have support people. Because of mental disease am unable to socialize appropriately.

quittingcold responded:
Good for you congrats! Don't worry about not having "support people" honestly in my opinion non-smokers dont know what smoking is like. Ex-smokers are rare to come by especially due to the fact that most smokers like other smokers so their group of friends usually consists of people who smoke. And the quit smoking buddy system isn't very great either because if that buddy should lapse you will feel the need to lapse as well taking you all the way back to square one.
As I always say "there are certain things in life we need to over come by ourselves and quitting smoking is one of those things" you are your best support buddy because you can truly make yourself feel guilty for your actions (especially if your stubborn and retaliate against others words like me hahaha).

Featuring Experts

Jonathan Foulds, PhD. is a Professor of Public Health Sciences at Penn State University, College of Medicine. After obtaining a first class honors deg...More

Helpful Tips

What might work for those who have tried everything?Expert
Many smokers feel they have already tried everything…..cold turkey, hypnosis, patches, acupuncture…..but still find they are smoking ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 17 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.