Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Unusual Ways to Quit Smoking
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
Didn't want you to miss this great article on WebMD.
Tried everything? Maybe it's time for an offbeat approach to kick the habit.
Unusual Ways To Quit Smoking.

wv2win responded:
When is the WebMD Staff going to tell the truth about the failure rate for NRT's (nicotine replacement therapy) they tell people to use to quit smoking? The failure rate after one year is 93%!!!!!!!!!!!

When will WebMD, explain to it's readers that the FDA's "test" on only 18 electronic cigarette cartridges, found only TRACE (LESS THAN .01%) elements of a carcinogenetic in only one of the cartridges?? And that this same carcinogentic substance is found in nicotine gum and patches??? And that trace elements are NOT considered a danger to humans???

WebMD, how about contacting Bill Godsall, Director of SmokeFree Pennsylvania and do an interview with him on the subject of Personal Vaporizers. He is a long time anti-smoking advocate but one who doesn't try to confuse and mislead the general public, something I am afraid this magazine is doing on this subject. Here is his web site: http://www.tobaccofree.org/panel.htm .

I have to wonder what is the relationship of this magazine or some of it's staff to the large pharmaceutical companies who do not want to see any new competitors to their NRT products that fail at such a high rate???

If these questions and concerns are not fair in some way, please tell.

Featuring Experts

Jonathan Foulds, PhD. is a Professor of Public Health Sciences at Penn State University, College of Medicine. After obtaining a first class honors deg...More

Helpful Tips

What are the characteristics of effective smoking cessation treatment?Expert
Many smokers who have tried unsuccessfully to quit smoking on their own start to consider seeking help to quit. Of course a quick internet ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.