Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lung pain after intense exercise
An_206808 posted:
Hello, i recently quit smoking (it's been a little over a week), and i started exercising again. After a relatively intense cardio work out, my lungs began to hurt when i take deep breaths. I only smoked for 3 months. I was expecting my lungs to be normal after a night of sleep but they still cause a very mild pain on normal breaths and a sharp pain in the upper regions of both lungs on deep breaths.
If i never smoke again will my lungs eventually turn back to normal? i know lung damage from smoking is irreversible but i'm hoping that i can eventually start running again without causing pain.

thanks

lissmeanstrouble responded:
WoW I have been smoking for 3 years and dont get pain when I run? I wonder how badly my lungs are damaged :(

Featuring Experts

Jonathan Foulds, PhD. is a Professor of Public Health Sciences at Penn State University, College of Medicine. After obtaining a first class honors deg...More

Helpful Tips

What are the characteristics of effective smoking cessation treatment?Expert
Many smokers who have tried unsuccessfully to quit smoking on their own start to consider seeking help to quit. Of course a quick internet ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.