Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Nov. 18th Great Amercian Smokeout!
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
Who's quitting? Who has a date to quit?
The Great American Smokeout

Millions of Americans quit each year and I hope this year is YOUR year!
I'm 21 years off cigarettes.
I'd love to hear form you if you are planning to quit and I'd love to hear from you if you have quit! How did you do it? What support do you have lined up?

Let's chat about it. :)
Best of luck to all who is planning on quitting this year.
Just think, 2011 is on it's way and you can be smoke free!

gerbercb responded:
I truly wish I were a non smoker as you. I have smoked for 40 years and find it so stressful when I attempt to quit. For the last three years I have had this nasty cough and living in NY have spent thousands of dollars on cigarettes and coughing aids. My husband constantly chides me for the smell in the house although I only smoke in the bathroom and never in front of anyone. I have run up a sizable credit card debt that should shock anyone into quitting. In all honesty I would love to be free of this addiction. I now take Chantax, have work out a physical program for myself so hopefully this will enable me to quit for good this time. I have three packs left and them I quit. Thank you for sharing.

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to gerbercb's response:
You can do it!! Best of luck to you. Please let us know how things are going, it's tough, but it's the best thing you can do for yourself!

schmilee responded:
I was disappointed to find that this event wasn't as highly publicized as it has been in past years. But knowing that was the date, this is when I decided to quit this year too. I'm 59 and have been smoking since I was 17. It's not been easy to quit, but I feel like I'm at least on the road to becoming an ex smoker.

Featuring Experts

Jonathan Foulds, PhD. is a Professor of Public Health Sciences at Penn State University, College of Medicine. After obtaining a first class honors deg...More

Helpful Tips

What are the characteristics of effective smoking cessation treatment?Expert
Many smokers who have tried unsuccessfully to quit smoking on their own start to consider seeking help to quit. Of course a quick internet ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 21 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.