Skip to content
Hi from Dr Foulds.....what works?
Jonathan Foulds, PhD posted:
Hi, this is my first post on WebMD. I've been asked to help out on the Smoking Cessation Community by answering questions and pointing out key new developments in smoking cessation. From what I have read so far the WebMD Smoking Cessation Community is already a very vibrant forum with people helping each other based on their own experience. It is excellent. I hope that can continue and that I can throw in my 2 cents worth every so often. There is often a lull in new quits in December as smokers plan to quit at the beginning of January. So I expect we will have many new people visiting the site to get tips that may help them succeed in the new year. I would love to hear from people who have succeeded in quitting in the past twelve months. What helped you succeed and what is your best advice for smokers about to try?

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome Dr. Foulds! So great to have you hear with us and we look forward to you sharing your expertise!

:)

Icgreatthings responded:
Hello doctor Foulds, It is wonderful to see your are opening this forums. I am smoke free almost 11 years now. Thank you to group therapy,(for 6 mths) , medicines, and social behavior therapy to learn many healthy options to replace my urge to smoke. I discovered through all these support that there are many wonderful things besides cigarrets that give you more satisfaction. I did need a lot of focus to understand and to stay on course and not to give up on myself. Besides, my health is great, better than 10 yrs ago. It is a very well worth effort. Not easy, but possible. Good luck with the groups. I appreciate your effort and knowledge.

Featuring Experts

Jonathan Foulds, PhD. is a Professor of Public Health Sciences at Penn State University, College of Medicine. After obtaining a first class honors deg...More

Helpful Tips

What are the characteristics of effective smoking cessation treatment?Expert
Many smokers who have tried unsuccessfully to quit smoking on their own start to consider seeking help to quit. Of course a quick internet ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.