Skip to content
Welbutrin
msrytw posted:
My cardiologist prescribed Bupropion SR to help me quit smoking. I tried it a few months ago and stopped because of insomnia and mood changes after a week. I really want to quit and will be starting it again today. He said take 1 a day the first week (150 mg) and twice a day after. I'm going to try to go past the first week to see if the symptoms get better. My question is this: I take Xanax @ night to sleep. Can I continue to take it?

c_man2 responded:
I am wondering what time of day you take your wellbutrin. AM, noon or PM?

Mood swings? I thought that med helped keep one happy.

msrytw replied to c_man2's response:
I take it @ 6 am in the morning. the mood swings were not so bad this time except I feel spacey and disconnected and my reactions to things is off. The thing I liked is I wake up earlier in the morning and I'm not so tired.

Dat_me replied to c_man2's response:
The best time is after you eat a good fiber gran bran hot cereal with blueberries and take it afterwards. try that if not take it before breakfast less the caffine if you have caffine in your system. Have tea for breakfast like earl grey or the oblong tea,
Tazio called Awake for about the first 3 to 6 mos and that should help if you are a caffine person.

Im going to began the process soon on tea in the early morrings
and just take the meds and eat a well balance of fiber and vegetables as much as you can like snack on celery then try a puff you will know what i mean.

Keep up and take the last of wellbutrin afternoon about 12 hrs apart depend what is on your RX and your DR as well

You be just fine.

Featuring Experts

Jonathan Foulds, PhD. is a Professor of Public Health Sciences at Penn State University, College of Medicine. After obtaining a first class honors deg...More

Helpful Tips

What might work for those who have tried everything?Expert
Many smokers feel they have already tried everything…..cold turkey, hypnosis, patches, acupuncture…..but still find they are smoking ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 17 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.