Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Chantix
yayalmb posted:
I just got Chantix tonight. Has anyone used it before and did it work? I am starting on it tommorrow, wish me luck!!!

BethAnncares responded:
I took Chantix and quit but started about 3 mos after going off of it-if you are proned to deprsion I would not recommend it-I became etremely depressed when on it unless it was interaction because of other meds I'm on. Plan on quittinng again soon-been smoking 3 weeks now and it all started from bumming one from my son-I few days later I was off and running to buy them! May try patches to wean myself away from the habital part. Good Luck!

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Good luck to you, I hope you are doing well, let us know!!
Here is what Dr. Foulds had to say about Chantix when that question came up from another member:
Click here for the post.

Carolyncandoit responded:
Good luck, How are you doing a week later?

Carolyncandoit replied to BethAnncares's response:
I'm renewing my depression meds also. A lot going on in life and they say to try to stay stress free while kicking the habit but as my sister says "Give me a day on the calendar when that will happen". So, I figure that I can't make things worse by taking better care of me in the midst of it all. I wish you the best on a new start.

Featuring Experts

Jonathan Foulds, PhD. is a Professor of Public Health Sciences at Penn State University, College of Medicine. After obtaining a first class honors deg...More

Helpful Tips

What are the characteristics of effective smoking cessation treatment?Expert
Many smokers who have tried unsuccessfully to quit smoking on their own start to consider seeking help to quit. Of course a quick internet ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.