Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Chantix
edbdspider posted:
I've tried Chantix three times now - and I'm still smoking. Don't get me wrong, it helped me tremendously and I thought I was home free. But after a couple of months I had to quit taking it because it made me so nauseous. And I did try everything I could think of to overcome it. Once another month or so went by without the Chantix, I'd find myself craving cigarettes more and more and not be able to go without. So, I can't say it's been too successful. I would try it again, but when I went to get the latest prescription I got filled, I found out it had jumped from $100 (which was already high enough for me), to $300 - I just didn't have that kind of money to spend all in one chunk. And our insurance covers NOTHING!!! Good luck to you - I hope it works for you.

peggyleemisfire responded:
I went on chantix the first time on Dec.10 and it helped me a;lot I didnt have the cravings as bad as I had before,but then I stopped after a month what a mistake I should have stayed on because I had to take a long distance trip from Mich to Texas driving with my husband I know it was a lame excuse but I lit up in arkansa and now I am starting over again. I quit 5 days ago and going strong If I didnt have the chantix I dont think I could do it but this time I am going the frst 3 months with it. The only side effects I had were vivid dreams and that I can handle.

Featuring Experts

Jonathan Foulds, PhD. is a Professor of Public Health Sciences at Penn State University, College of Medicine. After obtaining a first class honors deg...More

Helpful Tips

What might work for those who have tried everything?Expert
Many smokers feel they have already tried everything…..cold turkey, hypnosis, patches, acupuncture…..but still find they are smoking ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 17 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.