Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Strange smells
redone11 posted:
After trying everything on the market to help me quit smoking, and failing at it I might add, I quit cold trukey.

Which is fine, has been over a month now. However, since I quit, I seem to smell and taste car exhaust. Doesn't matter where I am, I can still smell it. Like when I drink a coke, all I can taste is the carbonation, cannot taste the coke taste.

Is anyone else having any issues like this? I don't know what I can do about it or how to make it go away and its really frustrating!!!!!

BethAnncares responded:
Hi Redone-Actually my family doc told me an exsmoker has a keener sense a smeel than someone who had never smoked! He told me that when I told him about some unpleasant smells I never smelled before.

Featuring Experts

Jonathan Foulds, PhD. is a Professor of Public Health Sciences at Penn State University, College of Medicine. After obtaining a first class honors deg...More

Helpful Tips

What might work for those who have tried everything?Expert
Many smokers feel they have already tried everything…..cold turkey, hypnosis, patches, acupuncture…..but still find they are smoking ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 17 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.