Skip to content
loss of appetite
An_206843 posted:
I have recently quit smoking with the help of nicotine patches. I have noticed within the few days since my quit I have completely lost my appetite. No food sounds good and I am never hungry. If I make myself eat it makes me sick to my stomach. I have also had a constant mild headache and have lowered my dosage of the patches. I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue. Its starting to worry me a little bit. Thanks

acarroll001 responded:
I just started the nicotine patch today and I feel the exact same way. The thought of food is making me want to throw up. I have read in several places that this is a common side effect of withdrawal (not the patch itself). Hope you feel better

Featuring Experts

Jonathan Foulds, PhD. is a Professor of Public Health Sciences at Penn State University, College of Medicine. After obtaining a first class honors deg...More

Helpful Tips

Might glucose help smokers to quit?Expert
We all know that when you stop smoking your appetite increases, and often people get a particular craving for sweet foods. It seems as ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.