Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
quit smoking
weboboy posted:
i am 48 quit smoking 14 months tommorrow august10,2011 but 4 day's ago started a symptom a very strong sense of ciggarrett smell like i am in a small room of people just smoking i even feel my chest tight my nose is burning a little the smell is so real. is that normal my anxiety level is high. it's really freaking me out will this go away have you ever heard of anyone go through this .

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
I have heard of this! I have quit for 22 years almost, Sept. 9th.
And very rarely do I have still have urges to smoke, but I still do. When I do they are less and less. They don't stay long and they are more of just a thought then a physical symptom. You can do this. I'm so proud of you for quitting as along as you did. Keep at it and work through the urges, they lessen, I promise.

Featuring Experts

Jonathan Foulds, PhD. is a Professor of Public Health Sciences at Penn State University, College of Medicine. After obtaining a first class honors deg...More

Helpful Tips

What are the characteristics of effective smoking cessation treatment?Expert
Many smokers who have tried unsuccessfully to quit smoking on their own start to consider seeking help to quit. Of course a quick internet ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 21 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.