Skip to content
quitting and depression?
s0damnbeautiful posted:
First post here! I was just wondering if it anyone else has ever felt depressed months later? I quit smoking a little over 3 months ago, and I feel sad all the time. Funny but I'm not craving cigarettes, I dno't even really think about smoking ... I just feel like I have this void in my life and I'm not sure how to feel it. I've started running, I go to the gym all the time, I go to work and do my job, I read, I watch baseball. But all the things in my life that used to be so happy just feel like I'm going through the motions now. Could this be quitting smoking, or something more serious? I don't know how to explain it other than a hollow, empty feeling, adn I've never felt anything like this before. I've looked up depression, and whilte some of them fit, not very many do, so I don't feel like it's necessarily depression.

Just looking I guess for a bit of reassurance that this too shall pass. I smoked for 16 years, and at 30 that was more than half my life. Like I said, I don't want to smoke anymore, I just feel like "something" is missing. Is this normal?

THanks <3
Allison

dhoward1962 responded:
I quit July 10th of this year and recently visited my doctor regarding depression...I feel like I have lost a best friend. My doctor prescribed a very low milligram of xanex. He was going to try some wellbutrin but Ive developed some heath issues...I seem to be feeling somewhat better but he says this is normal

KSUCats responded:
Hang in there, it is completely normal.

Featuring Experts

Jonathan Foulds, PhD. is a Professor of Public Health Sciences at Penn State University, College of Medicine. After obtaining a first class honors deg...More

Helpful Tips

ecigs
I've heard bad things about ecigs having metals etc in the vapor because it is cheaply made. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.