Skip to content
I finnaly Quit
missshortyd posted:
Two years ago I came to this board really wanting to quit smoking because my daughter said no way was the baby coming to grandma's house to smell smoke. Well my little pumpkin pie (Rylee) is here and I haven't had a smoke in three weeks but only because I got really sick with chronic bronchitis needed oxygen and antibiotics but I made it and so far I've only had a few panic attacks and can't sleep but that's nothing new because I have fibromyalgia and sleep is a gift but I'm really proud of myself I've smoke for more than thirty years and this is not the first time I've stopped but it's the longest so ya! for me.

BethAnncares responded:
Good for you! I am on the patch-did you go cold turkey? It's been 1 week & 4 days for me. I used the highest patch for the first week. Now on the 14mg. Had a tough day yesterday, all most gave in. Even though I'm getting niotine I still think of the cigarettes. I have smoked for around 45 years! Live alone. I really had to talk back to myself yesterday. I have tried numerous times too-hopefully this will be the last time I quit!!
Do you want to be quit buddiies? It might help me because so mant friends smoke-even my Mom! Thanks.

missshortyd replied to BethAnncares's response:
No I also use the patch.Yes I still think of them to but to be honest I don't really enjoy smoking it's just habit. There is a site called quit net.com I'm a member and we can be buddies there .Hang in there we can do this!

missshortyd replied to BethAnncares's response:
how are u making out?

Featuring Experts

Jonathan Foulds, PhD. is a Professor of Public Health Sciences at Penn State University, College of Medicine. After obtaining a first class honors deg...More

Helpful Tips

What might work for those who have tried everything?Expert
Many smokers feel they have already tried everything…..cold turkey, hypnosis, patches, acupuncture…..but still find they are smoking ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 17 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.