Skip to content
Smoking Cessation Help
An_240681 posted:
I want to quit smoking & need help but want to make informed decisions. Here are my questions:
Can I wear a patch & also take a prescribed medication that assists with withdrawal?

I have been on Sertraline HCL 100 mg (generic Zoloft) for 20 years and was wondering if there is any interaction with this medication & Chantix?

I've heard mixed reviews on Chantix with mood changes, troubled sleep and nightmares. Is there another medication being prescribed without these side effects?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi there and congrats on the decision to quit! It is very important to check in with your doctor before stopping or starting any medication, over the counter or prescription. Please give your doctor a call.

Here's a link where you can find a drug and read about side effects and reviews from others:

Drugs and Medications A to Z

For Chantix oral there are over 800 reviews!

Please check back in after you've talked to your doctor and let us know the day you are quitting! We'll cheer you on

Haylen

Featuring Experts

Jonathan Foulds, PhD. is a Professor of Public Health Sciences at Penn State University, College of Medicine. After obtaining a first class honors deg...More

Helpful Tips

What might work for those who have tried everything?Expert
Many smokers feel they have already tried everything…..cold turkey, hypnosis, patches, acupuncture…..but still find they are smoking ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.