Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
quit smoking..
An_242157 posted:
yes finally quit smoking..I've been smoked free for the past 5 months already.

maria920 responded:

An_242157
keep pressing forward. Quitting was the hardest thing I have ever done but, honestly it was the best thing I did for myself and my family as well. I will be 3yrs quit March 30th I don't even think of smoking anymore. I'm running 5 to 8 miles a day and I am more physically fit then I have ever been at the age of 53. Don't give in, you can do it!!!!! Just take one day at a time.

GoingtoIndia replied to maria920's response:
Thanks for the post. Just turned 51 and run on n off. I'm a yoga teacher n yoga therapist. I really want to quit. closet smoking is so embarrassing. could use some support . I have a ten year old so I really have to get it together. Thanks

maria920 replied to GoingtoIndia's response:
How is it going? This is where I got my support, reading some to the post kept me believing I can do this. I don't visit the board as much as I use to but I do understand how hard it is to stop smoking, so I like to see others progress on quitting. I was hoping you were able to quit not only for yourself but for your son and family as well. let me tell you I was also embarrassed and turned to closet smoking because people would see me with a ciggarette and make me feel like I was a disappointment because of the physical & healthy lifestyle I led other than smoking YUK!. I always felt this was not me but I was addicted. See yourself smoke free and keep that vision and you will soon be living it. Stay on track, because after the battle it is the greatest gift you can give yourself

Featuring Experts

Jonathan Foulds, PhD. is a Professor of Public Health Sciences at Penn State University, College of Medicine. After obtaining a first class honors deg...More

Helpful Tips

What are the characteristics of effective smoking cessation treatment?Expert
Many smokers who have tried unsuccessfully to quit smoking on their own start to consider seeking help to quit. Of course a quick internet ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.