Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Day 10 on Chantix and feel NOTHING differentI
nowthis posted:
I have been smoking for 11 years, I'm 27.

I started Chantix 10 days ago and am still smoking like a freight train! I feel absolutely no different, no less cravings, nothing. They still taste good!

This is so aggravating! I HAVE to stop smoking! In having surgery in 22 days and I really need to stop smoking ASAP. This is making me really sad because if I were not able to get this surgery I'm going to flip out. I'm having wright loss surgery(vertical sleeve gastrectomy).

Anyone have any suggestions??

Thank You,

Johnathan

netnotes responded:
Johnathan,
I smoked for 40 years and if it weren't for Chantix I would still be smoking. I am a firm believe in taking Chantix to stop smoking. It's the only med on the market that actually does what its supposed to do. I've recommended Chantix to family and friends and will continue recommending the medication to anyone who wants to kick the habit. I can't imagine why your urges haven't lessened. If you're currently taking medication along with Chantix that could be the reason why your unable to curb the smoking. Are you using the Chantix online support? Please continue taking the medication as prescribed and talk with your doctor. Good Luck!

nowthis replied to netnotes's response:
I quit the next day after I wrote this, July 2nd! Haven't smoked since! I love it!

nan350 replied to nowthis's response:
Good for you. I used Chantix 2 times. I only used it for the first month both times, thinking I had everything under control. I should have refilled prescriptions. This time I have tried hypnosis. I have been smoke free for almost 2 months now.

Featuring Experts

Jonathan Foulds, PhD. is a Professor of Public Health Sciences at Penn State University, College of Medicine. After obtaining a first class honors deg...More

Helpful Tips

Just quit.
Was 20 year, pack a day. Bought Prosmoke. Wasn't nearly good enough. Got an EGO with the 510 refillable cartridges. It took 4 weeks to ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.