Skip to content
Quitting side effects
An_247694 posted:
I am a 30 yrs old and this is my third time going cold turkey. I am having such a better time this time around with quitting. It's been almost a month since I stopped. My body is reacting differently this time.
Are there anyone out there that knows why my blood pressure would be going up and why I have rapid heart beat and still difficulty breathing? I am still coughing each day sometime theres brown spotty sputum most times nothing is coming up.

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hiya and welcome,

I know the symptoms can take a long time to leave. I've been through it.

You need to follow up with your doctor as far as the rapid heart rate and breathing difficulty. Please follow up.

So happy you quit, please remember quitting smoking is one of the best things you can do for your health!

You might also want to check for helfpful information here on our Smoking Cessation Health Center . Best of luck to you!

Featuring Experts

Jonathan Foulds, PhD. is a Professor of Public Health Sciences at Penn State University, College of Medicine. After obtaining a first class honors deg...More

Helpful Tips

Day 3 Cold Turkey - Commute Time!
I have a 40 minute drive to work - and I would smoke at least 3 cigarettes on the way to work depending on traffic that could easily be ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.