Skip to content
This Wed. will be three weeks now that i quit smoking....
An_248310 posted:
Hope i'm posting this to the right section....but it really blows my mind that it's been almost three weeks now that i've quit. I am only 47 and have smoked over half my life already. My father quit almost two years ago and he has severe COPD-and seeing how bad his breathing is made me realize even more that one day i was going to have to quit-so why not now-before i get his age and get that bad. I admit-i enjoyed smoking-i smoked a pack a day and sometimes a little more. I tried before....but this time-i did have my mind made up. I also used the nicotine patch-and can't believe how well i've done the last two days even without the patch. Everyone told me it wouldn't work until my mind was made up....i've kept a cig. in my car between the seats and my husband has cont.to smoke around me... i knew it was time to make a change for the better-i never thought i could see myself as a non-smoker-esp. when it came to that morning cup of coffee. But i've done it and it feels great. I only had a couple of times during this time period that i thought about a puff. It has already gotten much better and has really surprised me that it really hasn't been that bad at all. I did have my mind made up..i knew that it was time to make a change for the better...and of course-i did pray about this.
Good luck to all of you trying to quit.

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
It's wonderful isn't it! I'm sorry I just saw this, but I had to comment. You are doing great and I hope you still are!

I quit 23 years ago and it's the best thing I ever did. The hardest thing I ever did so I made sure I only did it once, I quit!

Believe it or not, coffee is the favorite part of my day, I never thought it would be! Tastes even better since I quit.

I kept a pack in my freezer for the longest time. Just in case I caved.

I just had to say congrats and keep up the wonderful work.
I hope you check in again! Stay smoke free!

Featuring Experts

Jonathan Foulds, PhD. is a Professor of Public Health Sciences at Penn State University, College of Medicine. After obtaining a first class honors deg...More

Helpful Tips

What might work for those who have tried everything?Expert
Many smokers feel they have already tried everything…..cold turkey, hypnosis, patches, acupuncture…..but still find they are smoking ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.