Skip to content
quit date today
ram58 posted:
today is my quit date, although i have to admit, i'm going to finish the 4 cigs i have left before i start. i bought the patch to help but it suggests a support system along with the patch for better chance of success. i'm trying to quit because i have ms and history of cancer in my family. been smoking for 30 plus years and recently got sober, so its a lot to handle all at one time. i'm hoping i can find the support i need on this site. anyone have any suggestions before i start/

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Ram58 and welcome!

Let me say first that I have been there done that. I quit and I quit only once. It's not something I ever wanted to do again. (quit or smoke!)

Quitting was hard but the single best thing I have ever done for my health. I just won't ever go back to it.

Congrats to you and I hope you check in and feel free to share with us all that you are feeling and going through.

Congrats on getting sober! My gosh you are making such health steps. Please keep at it, and I hope for much success for you!

Please check in as you can. Stay positive, is my best advice, and get through each day. It's been 23 years for me since I quit. Done and done!

I'm here for you! Again welcome!

Featuring Experts

Jonathan Foulds, PhD. is a Professor of Public Health Sciences at Penn State University, College of Medicine. After obtaining a first class honors deg...More

Helpful Tips

What are the characteristics of effective smoking cessation treatment?Expert
Many smokers who have tried unsuccessfully to quit smoking on their own start to consider seeking help to quit. Of course a quick internet ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.