Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Quit Zits
amberview posted:
Your body gets rid of toxins in many ways. Your skin is detoxing and it could be months before you see any relief. I am currently experiencing the same thing and found the term "quit zits" while I was looking for a reason for my breakouts. I used e-cigs previously, but I didn't totally quit cigarettes and did not experience any breakouts. However, in June, I quit cold turkey cigarettes and did not use e-cigs and I got the "quit zits" after about a month. I went through my head, trying to figure out what I had changed in my routine that may have caused the breakouts. The only thing that changed was that I had quit smoking. I don't use any e-cigs or any cessation products, but my skin breaks out, especially around my chin and neck. I didn't break out like this even when I was a teen. As a teen I would get one or two pimples a month. Now I am getting so many that I can't keep up with them. However, I have found something that seems to control them. I'm doing peels at a spa. They use Cosmedix product and it's working. It's no miracle treatment, but it has been the only thing to slow the breakouts and I feel like it is helping me detox my skin. I hope that my experiences and solution helps someone else reading this.

lissmeanstrouble responded:
Hey this helps me, cause its been about 3 months since I have quit, using an e-cig. I DO have the occasional real cigarettes with my friends about once or twice a week. But smoking not even a whole smoke cause Ill share with my friend since I did not buy the smoke.
I still call it quit....

Im just not sure how to convince myself not to ask my friends to give me a drag. Most the time I dont even think about it. But once some one lights up in front of me the battle is charging in my head.

I have noticed an increase in body odor, and sweat, my skin is breaking out and im really oily, do you think this is my skin pushing out the toxins? I hope it goes away soon cause Im getting married in September.

Featuring Experts

Jonathan Foulds, PhD. is a Professor of Public Health Sciences at Penn State University, College of Medicine. After obtaining a first class honors deg...More

Helpful Tips

What might work for those who have tried everything?Expert
Many smokers feel they have already tried everything…..cold turkey, hypnosis, patches, acupuncture…..but still find they are smoking ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 17 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.