Skip to content
What has helped you?
whttiger1979 posted:
My boyfriend and I are trying to quit smoking again. We decided to cut back on how much we smoke until Jan 25th. I'm kinda of scared that I'm going to fail again at this but I really want to do this. I need some advice how to get past this. Thanks!

MickG responded:
It might help to keep in mind that even cutting back is better than continuing to smoke at whatever your current level. How can that be a failure? If you quit completely for a month or a week or even a few days, it's better than not trying. A failed attempt is not a failure. A failed attempt is just a failed attempt. You only need to succeed permanently once. You won't have a shot at that unless you try! The only failure is in not trying!

Featuring Experts

Jonathan Foulds, PhD. is a Professor of Public Health Sciences at Penn State University, College of Medicine. After obtaining a first class honors deg...More

Helpful Tips

Day 3 Cold Turkey - Commute Time!
I have a 40 minute drive to work - and I would smoke at least 3 cigarettes on the way to work depending on traffic that could easily be ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.