Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Electronic Cigarette Information. Are they healthy or not? Are they a good alternative to smoking?
prichard posted:

I have started a website than gives honest reviews about the safety and availability of electronic cigarettes. My son has used these products, and some health issues such as high blood pressure were immediately lessened. Included on the website are various strategies for quitting cigarette smoking all together. Since cigarette smoking is related to stressful situations such as health or job issues, quitting may be very hard to accomplish. If one cannot quit smoking, at least Electronic Cigarettes offer a much healthier alternative to traditional tobacco products. They can even be modified so that the nicotine dose is lowered over time. The website is located at: http://electronic-smoker.com

prichard responded:
It looks like the FDA will not be regulating electronic cigarettes. There are no carcinogens in the product, just nicotine and water vapor!

Featuring Experts

Jonathan Foulds, PhD. is a Professor of Public Health Sciences at Penn State University, College of Medicine. After obtaining a first class honors deg...More

Helpful Tips

Might glucose help smokers to quit?Expert
We all know that when you stop smoking your appetite increases, and often people get a particular craving for sweet foods. It seems as ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 25 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.