Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
2nd week
msrytw posted:
I started Chantix (for the 2nd time) last week. I smoked but a pack lasted me that whole week. I stopped completely this past Sunday. I've had urges but not too bad. This morning was really bad and I think if I had a pack there, I would have. The Chantix is ok. I have the dreams (I think they are neat!), a little nausea. The last 2 days I get really nauseated around 6 pm but I don't know if it's withdrawal or the Chantix. I'm just glad I have gone 4 days with no cigarette! This is not my 1st attempt but I'm sticking with it for my health. Good luck to everyone doing this.

Jonathan Foulds, PhD responded:
Best of luck...how are you doing now?

msrytw replied to Jonathan Foulds, PhD's response:
4/2/2013 - Day 24 and still no cigarette! I have to say I'm proud of myself! I have never gone this long. However, I am always hungry. I have been staying away from alcohol because I think that was something that also kept me from stopping. I did have a glass of wine this weekend but no cigarette. It's starting to feel more normal. I don't wake up thinking about a cigarette or get in the car after work or at lunchtime and reach for one. I still have the urge every now and then but I'm beginning to realize the hold smoking had on me.

msrytw replied to msrytw's response:
I also need to add I was a daily evening drinker of beer (2-4 per night). Chantix seems to also have helped curb my urges for alcohol. None for 20 days.

Featuring Experts

Jonathan Foulds, PhD. is a Professor of Public Health Sciences at Penn State University, College of Medicine. After obtaining a first class honors deg...More

Helpful Tips

What are the characteristics of effective smoking cessation treatment?Expert
Many smokers who have tried unsuccessfully to quit smoking on their own start to consider seeking help to quit. Of course a quick internet ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.