Skip to content
quitting
reneeherrera posted:
I want to quit smoking so badly but I just can't! Has anyone tried hypnosis? Does it work? I am really willing to try it!

muffey responded:
I tried it and it lasted a week or 2 until I had stress and went right back to smoking. But I was in a bad marriage at the time. Don't know if I tried it again or with another hypnotist might b better. I tried acupuncture too but the needle fell out of my ear within 3 days. I want to quit badly too and have even tried chanticleer that got me down to 2-3 a day but made me sick. Now I'm using an e cig about half the time and it gets me thru a few hours but it's heavy and hard to get used to. I'm thinking of adding the nicoderm co patch now. Good luck and let me know if u find anything or combination of things that work. Good luck!

An_256383 responded:
Congratulations that you have taken the first step in stopping smoking by reaching out. I stopped smoking almost 35 years ago now with one session of hypnosis and never had any withdrawals or cravings. (It is the reason that I became a hypnotist.)
I suggest two things: first take the word "try" out of your vocabulary. If you "try", you fail. You either do or you don't; you will or you won't. You can do it. Second, find a good hypnotist. The National Guild of Hypnotists will be happy to give you names of hypnotists in your area.

atti_editor responded:
Hi reneeherrera,

I think that it's great that you are willing to try anything to quit smoking. I think that the previous posters have given some great insight and personal experience. Here is an article that we have on smoking and hypnosis that you may be interested in reading. These 13 tips to quit smoking and the WebMD Guide to Quit Smoking may also be helpful for you.

Good luck, and please let us know what you find works for you!

-Atti

Featuring Experts

Jonathan Foulds, PhD. is a Professor of Public Health Sciences at Penn State University, College of Medicine. After obtaining a first class honors deg...More

Helpful Tips

Might glucose help smokers to quit?Expert
We all know that when you stop smoking your appetite increases, and often people get a particular craving for sweet foods. It seems as ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.