Skip to content
God
horseride posted:
Are there any prayer or bible verses to help me out in stressful times? :crying: :sad: I feel as if God does not really care.

MyselfandI responded:
Think of the most beautiful place you know on earth. Think of the most wonderful day you have ever had. Think of the person who loves you more than anybody else loves you ...and multiply that by a million ...and maybe that's the tiniest hint of what heaven will be like "No eyes has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who Love Him" (1 Corinthians 2:9) God never gives a BURDEN heavier than we can CARRY. No matter what, HE wants US to be MORE HAPPY than sad. If birds SING after a STORM, why can't we? NO one has travelled the bridge of success without ever crossing the streets of trials. God never promised us an easy journey in life, only safety on board... SMILE then be happy! If GOD is with you, you can be sure how the journey is going to end. GOD Bless you with more than you can ever imagine... Hope this helps :smile: *hugs* ~ Rica

jendub25 responded:
"If the Lord brought you to it, He will see you through it" Keep your Head up Hayley, The Lord did not promise Sunshine without Rain, Happiness with out Pain But he did promise Light for the Way and He will never let you down, He walks with you, He will never leave you in your time of need.

timw68 responded:
Hi Hayley, I don't have any prayers or bible verses to offer. But if you like music, may I suggest trying to find a religious station. I also find that just reading the bible helps me to. I hope one of these suggestions help you.

horseride responded:
Thank you very much. I would like to become a horse jockey, a nun, or a doctor.

PLS_TELL_ME_ITS_GOING_TO_BE_OK responded:
I unfortunately am right with you on that. I am trying my hardest to stay hopeful, they say that you have to put your trust into god and he will answer your prayers. As a suggestion, if you get the vision channel (I think that's what it is called) please watch "Joyce Meyer, her show is called "enjoying every day life" . She is very inspirational. If you get this show, you will find her absolutely amazing. I also read the "Prayer to the Holy Spirit", and "St Jude Novena" prayer everyday. My thoughts are with and I hope things get better for you. Sharelle

horseride responded:
You guys are all so sweet.

EternalDeath responded:
Hi horseride, here is a Baha'i Prayer that has helped me feel better from time to time: O God! Refresh and gladden my spirit. Purify my heart. Illumine my powers. I lay all my affairs in Thy hand. Thou art my Guide and my Refuge, I will no longer be sorrowful and grieved; I will be a happy and joyful being. O God! I will no longer be full of anxiety, nor will I let trouble harass me. I will not dwell on the unpleasant things of life. O God! Thou art more friend to me than I am to myself. I dedicate myself to Thee, O Lord.

PLS_TELL_ME_ITS_GOING_TO_BE_OK responded:
I really enjoyed your prayer, thank you for sharing it. Sharelle

geodome responded:
Seek Him in the morning, at noon , and night! Try posting your prayer requests with The Hour of Mercy which is at three pm daily hourof mercy.org

geodome responded:
What a great message!

geodome responded:
Ah! A Joyce Myers Fan :cool:

ryan_g responded:
The great thing about god is he is always there! But, what can you do to get more out of your connection to God? The best thing to do is to continue to develop the relationship. How? Prayer is a great way. When we pray we are TALKING to God. Telling our desires, fears, and hopes. One of the best things we can do is grow in our relationship with god. But, you may be saying "I pray, I am connected to God." Or "How do I grow in my relationship with God?" The fact is... Our relationship with God can go beyond saying a few hastily prayed words at night. I think if God were to make one request of us it would be to be in contact with him more. ""WAHO!!! is he saying to TALK to God? That's Craziness!"" You might be thinking that only people who have lost their minds or who are fanatics "talk to God." But, isn't talking to god what we do when we pray? I am suggesting to extend the time being consciously connected to god to all moments. If you get upset about a stress at work... talk it over with God If you need advice on a situation... talk to God about it. A simple voice aloud or in your head will be heard. Having this connection helps your OWN spiritual healing very nicely. Warm wishes, Ryan PS if you would like more information on free prayers, spriitual healing, or ways to heal your self check out.... www.alternative-spiritual-healing.com/

DeadManWalking56 responded:
Horse:

Check the books I posted on the resource.

In stressful times, you can only so much. Try to do that well, each day. If you can make some progress each day, Things are changing. Don't try to do too much, or you won't be satisfied and just create more stress.

God gave us minds to think, to plan, to work, to play, and to be amazed at the wonders of Creation. Slow down, use the gifts given to reduce the stress, make progress.

Spotlight: Member Stories

About Me: I'm a wife and a mom. Why I came to WebMD: To become a better informed health consumer. I'm a baby boomer facing the same cha...More

Helpful Tips

"When life closes a door, the Lord opens a window" More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.