Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ptsd isn't just for GI JOE.
An_246290 posted:
Today I go to admit I'm not ok. And Not being ok isn't ok in my new family. I have PTSD, And a list I've been on the same meds since I escaped my hell. They aren't working. I have a great dr. Why am I so afraid. IT's enough that he destroys my dreams makes me jump when men talk but I just wanted to give MY family a thumbs up and say no it's over I'm ok. I cant tell them or my dr it's not getting better. I don't know what this group is to heal but all the bones are but I'm still not. How do I deal with those who say my need for help is just weakness in the first place.
barbie

An_246290 responded:
Btw I mean nothing by title. names barbie

An_246290 replied to An_246290's response:
My church has turned its back. dad's a preacher. He lives out of state.....I'm so not sure who to trust because my hearts broken and it's been healed before but I don't know where to start alone

lukeperry replied to An_246290's response:
Hi GI Joe,

Your not alone, you will never be alone. God is right beside you now. Even though your angry at him, he is still by your side. He's not the one who started the war, he's the one who got you home physically safe. It's going to take time for your mind to catch up, probably at least a year. Maybe your doctor is good, maybe you need a new one. One thing for sure is, you need different medication. It's always hard to find the correct mg or the right anti-depressants, period. I can't take any.

What do you mean your church turned it's back on you? Go to a different church, (there's only 100's if them) God didn't turn his back, and he could care less what church you go to. The only thing he wants from you, is to love him, and ask for his help. You can get through this alone, you sound like you can do anything, that you have to. It will just make your life so much easier, for you to tell him, that your mad at him, and will he please replace that anger and fear, with the Holy Spirit inside you. It's really that simple. He knows that your mad, and afraid. He also knows that you need him. He just wants you to ask.

I don't believe that he's the one in charge of the bad things that happen in our lives. I believe he's the one who comes along and saves us, if we will only ask. Most people don't believe that they are worthy to ask God for anything, and they weren't, until Jesus died for us. Now, all God want's is for you to trust, and love him. He's going to save you on his time clock, which is different from ours. Only, because he can see down the road yrs., so he knows when the best time is, or if what you want is best for you. The whole secret is to trust, and believe him, as if you were 3yrs. old.

Pray that your anger will go away, and I will too. That's the 1st step. Then, all you can do is live day by day. Stop expecting so much from yourself. You need to give yourself time to heal.

When I found out that I had cancer, I went home that same day and I had 2 choice's. Either go insane, or just let go and have God run my life. I almost went insane, then I felt God grab my hand, I literally felt him grab my hand and the cancer was a piece of cake. Every since then, I haven't feared anything. How can you ever be scared of anything, when Super Man is walking beside you? At least that's how I felt, I felt like the man who created me and the universe was walking beside me and protecting me. I hope that didn't sound silly, it's a true story. God bless you.

There is another board here, called the depression board. You might like it, because people are on there all the time. You can talk to them and somebody is there to talk back. Try it. I wish you would let me know how you're doing.

Luke

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a real, true life, miracle God story, to tell who ever wants to believe me. When I was 28yrs. old(I'm now 60) I was in my bed with my two c...More

Helpful Tips

The hand of God will never lead you, where the Grace of God cannot protect you!" More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.