Skip to content
well a year has passed
wpooh27 posted:
well it has been a year since i posted on here about being in prayer for my husband, he is still got alot of health problems going on but i thank God everyday for him and to have him here another day. I know my husband says he is so ready to go on and be with God he is tired of hurting. I also, want to thank God for the wonderful friend he sent me on her her name is nancy, She has been the best to me. Nancy, i love you i havent heard from you in two weeks and am beginging to worrry so please get in touch with me soon. Also, if i dont talk to you before i hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know that my husband and i plan on having a good on this year. I am actually going to cook my first turkey this year. I am excited. Also, I am glad that God is taking care of me and my hubby. When it seems like there is no hope in sight God shows up and says it is going to be ok there is nothng to worry about. I worry alot about bills and everything but I know that God is right there and he will never leave us nor forsake us. If i just turn it over to him he is going to take care of it. HE always does.

lukeperry responded:
Hello Becca,

Thank you, for all those sweet things you said about your friend Nancy. She feels the same way about you. You are just too sweet and your husband is lucky to have you!

I'm so sorry that I haven't written, but I'm so happy that you got help with your rent! Yeah! There's a great charity organization here in Fl., that will help with your lights, rent and food. I'm sure there's one where you are too. I can't remember the exact name, look in your phone book under Jewish charities, or Jewish center and call one of them. If you call the wrong one, they will direct you to the correct number. They are the best and you don't have to fill out a bunch of crappy paper work.

I'm ashamed to say it, but they are more helpful then my Church. (and faster) If you call tomorrow and explain your husband's and your situation, and ask them for an appointment now.(that it's an emergency) They will usually cut you a check the same day they meet you, or pay your lights, or both. They are the Greatest people, who will help you a lot.(and you don't have to be Jewish) Please write and let me know what happens!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your hubby! Tell him that he better stop being grumpy to you, or you might just go and stay with Nanc for a month. (Where it's sunny ALL the time) Write me, I love you, and have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Love, Luke (ha!ha!)

lukeperry replied to lukeperry's response:
Wow! I didn't know we've known each other for a whole year! Wow! Time does fly when your sharing illnesses. joke! This isn't my letter to you. I wrote you two things.

Love, Nanc

wpooh27 replied to lukeperry's response:
Luke,
Hey i know it doesnt seem like a year but it has been. Happy thanksgiving to you as well. Hope you are having a really good thanksgiving. I will check into that thanks. that would be great if they could help me out. I am hoping that i can eventually get out of part of this debt that i am under. I made my first turkey this morning for thanksgiving dinner. I was excited. I asked him the next day what would he have done if i did pack my things and leave, and he said he would be dead within three days. Write me to. LOVE You girlie. I hope you are having a wonderful thanksgiving.

Nancy,
Good morning it is 11/23/12 7:00 am. Just thought i would write and say hello. See how things was going your way? mine there ok. Hope that you had a wonderful thanksgiving. I had to work for 4 hours but the rest of it i just spent with my hubby. He is so sick, he has been keeping Diahrea and throwing up. His doctor thinks he has something either wrong with his colon or pancreas. He has missed three days of dialysis. I worry about him all the time. but anyways, i guess i will let you go talk to you soon. Love you nancy, rebecca hoak

lukeperry replied to wpooh27's response:
Becca,

You didn't tell me how your turkey turned out, how was it? I only made a ham this year, because I couldn't afford both. I used to make a turkey breast and a ham every Thanksgiving.(couldn't afford it this year) Did you use a cooking bag for your turkey, how did you cook it? I always used a cooking bag, it cuts your cooking time by almost 1hr.!

Greg and I went to my sisters house. I cooked before we left, so we would have good food when we got home. I brought 2 giant pieces of pie from her house. They were from Village Inn(who makes the BEST pies on earth) Is there one where you live?

Try to find out about the Jewish center Monday, if you can. They always help people at least once, and it's before they even check you out. They usually help when you first meet, with the rent and lights. And they are so nice too. Talk to you later.

Love, Nanc P.S.write me and let me know what happens Monday!

nancy,
I checked we do not have anything like that in this area. The turkey turned out really good. I didnt use a bag. I just rapped the pan in alumin foil. It was really moist and juicy though. No we do not have a village inn where we live. You will have to get me some pie and freeze it and mail it to me LOL. I love me some pie. I dont need it but i do love it. I fell last night going up my steps and have done something to my knee it hurts to bend it or walk or anything. I am glad that your thanksgiving went good. So i really dont know what i am going to do i have to get my lights paid or they are going to shut off my electric..GRRRRRRRRRRRR i just want to scream. Anyways, how is everything else going your way? mine it is going pretty good i recon. My mom's cancer is back. I also have a great aunt and uncle with cancer. My great aunt pearlene is 98 years old she isnt going to do chemo. And my great unlce lester has colon cancer and they have did surgery on him and he is really suffering and hurting pretty bad. they also had to go in and take a blood clot out of his leg. right after the colon surgery. So please pray God's will be done with that. My mom has lost 40 pounds in 3 weeks. She is so sick and doesnt have insurance. That is why i worry so much about the knots under my arm. Because me having cancer on both sides of my family. But anyways, Nancy i am going to get off of here for now it is saturday at 2;34 pm i will be back on later if you get this soon Please send me a message back. Love you girlie, rebecca

Hi Becca,

I'm so sorry about your Mom. I'm just waiting for it to happen to me again. I prayed for you in Church Sunday at 11:30.(could you feel me?) Next Sun., I guess I'll be praying for hours, to get your whole family in. Wew! Your a handful.(ha,ha)

I'm glad your turkey turned out good. I wish I could help you with the lights, I would if I could, I'm so sorry. Try Catholic Charities, look in the phone book. They helped me once, years ago. It won't hurt to try, and you don't have to be Catholic. I will talk to you later, right now I'm going to eat some of my delicious home made chili.

Love, Nanc

Hi nanc,
How are you? yes suprisingly i could feel you praying for me. So sorry that i am a handful. Thanks about the turkey. I know it is ok that you cant help me God will provide some way some how. I want some homemade chilli. Hope it was good. I am going to start making my homemade cookies here this week. I am excited. They are delicious and take forever to make but i enjoy making them. I made several pumpkin rolls over thanksgiving. Well guess i will talk to you SOON hopefully. talk to you soon, love becca

Hello Becca,

I came to delete all my emails and wanted to say hi! Church again tomorrow, it seems like I was just there! Jeez! I feel terrible when I don't want to go, and have to make myself. I'm sure you know what I mean. Right now I should be happy to go, because of everything I have to be thankful for.(things have been great for this last month) It's just that sometimes it's really hard and I have to make myself. I'm always glad after I do it, I just wish it wasn't so hard! Don't worry, I'll be staying for 2hrs.longer, praying for yours and my whole family! Just kidding.

I do have to always pray for mine, because they all quit going to Mass. I don't know why, they never use to miss it ever. God let me know that it's going to be my job, getting them all to get back to him. I just haven't figured out how yet! Well, good night, and sleep tight. Later.

Love, Nanc
P.S. Did I ever tell you who that cutie pie is, in my picture? It's my daughter when she was little. Wasn't she a cutie? Too bad she's not as sweet as that picture looks!

hi nanc,
how are you doing? me ok just thought i would write you back. Yes i definitly do know what you mean. LOL on the 2hours longer i hear you on that one. No you didnt tell me who that cutie pie was, I just figured it was probably your grandaughter or something. Yeah they never are as sweet as the picture looks. Well i have checked into the catholic thing as well Still no help for me. I even went down to a place that buys gold to sell my 14 kt White Gold necklace and bracelet set. They wouldnt buy it. So i dont know. I just want to scream sometimes. I know God is going to provide, prime example. I was worrying how i was going to get the money to take my hubby to have his surgery tomorrow and my cousin said she would so i was thinking she would give me 20 dollars. So i had her stop by my work to give it to me. ANd she gave me 50 dollars and then asked if that would be enough. I started crying. She said that God must have known that i needed it because They was given more money this week. I said yeah he knew. All i could say after that was thank you Jesus. But anyways i am going to get off of here. I will talk to you soon. Love you girlie, Rebecca

Hi Becca,

I was laying in the bed and something woke me up and brought me here. I'm so happy about the $50., see that's the way he works, so we know the light money will show up too. Some way, because God looks after you and me and he always will.

You know how when we get depressed, we will start feeling useless, wondering why am I here, I'm not special, what have I ever done? etc.....

I was looking off my balcony the other day, watching the sun set and how beautiful it was. How beautiful the trees, the beautiful green grass and the flowers were. I felt so special right then because when God made all of this beauty, he also made me, picked me to be here in this paradise. So how could we not be special? He made all of us individually, to be here for his reason. He hand picked each of us, because he wanted to make a part of him, to have someone to love, & for us to love him as much as he loves us.

How could we ever be worried or scared, with him always right beside us. If we listen to him & trust him ( he will guide us and make our lives wonderful.) How could anybody not feel special, with all of that going on? Write when you can. Merry Christmas!

Love, Nanc

Hi nancy,
It is me again. Jess is back in the hospital they said they was very suprised he didnt go into cardiac arrest. He is so weak and tired of hurting all the time. Just Pray that God's will be done. he has alot of things going on all at one time right now and needs alot of prayers. Love you, becca

I am so sorry to hear that, I just said a prayer for Jess. I didn't know so many horrible things were happening to him, I pray for you and Jess to have the strength that you need right now. I do hope that God will do something now! I wish I could be there to help you, though I really can't do anything. If I were there, at least you could talk to me and I could go to the hospital with you. Do you have anybody for that? Your in my prayers, & please keep me up, on what's happening.

Love, Nanc

No i do not have any body that goes to the hospital with me. He is doing some better but his blood pressure is still high. Oh and on top of it all they now think he might have pancreas cancer. I know he is ready to just give up. I pray that God's will be done because i know if it is what Jess wants he would die. well guess i will talk to you later. Love you becca

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a real, true life, miracle God story, to tell who ever wants to believe me. When I was 28yrs. old(I'm now 60) I was in my bed with my two c...More

Helpful Tips

"When life closes a door, the Lord opens a window" More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.