Skip to content
Disgusting Rash on my Coworker's face and neck
An_252639 posted:
I work at Home Depot and my coworker has this disgusting rash on her face and neck. It is red on her face and neck but in the middle of her neck it is turning green and black and is positively disgusting. She was sent home the first day it was noticeable and was instructed to see a doctor. Now, she LIVES to come to work and makes us put up with a lot of stuff like her nose exploding with spinal fluid and blood so this is especially worrisome because it EXPLODES and if it's a bacterial infection in her bloodstream then we could get it. She SAYS it is probably not contagious ANYMORE (but was at one time?) but when me and other coworkers confronted our managers about a doctor's note they didn't have one. They just took her word for it. It looks like it's getting worse and more black and green, so gross that a lot of us have purchased our own disinfectant supplies to sanitize everything before touching things. Additionally, it seems like she is purposely doing things that could spread it, like sticking her hand in bags of chips, into our food and utensil boxes, and into the INSIDE of cups and things we all use. I have filed a report with HD but I don't know if anyone knows of anything else I can do to prevent it spreading if it is contagious or who else I can contact. I'm concerned for us, her coworkers, and for the 100's of customers she interacts with daily. Help!

lukeperry responded:
What ever it is, it's not normal. You need your boss to tell her, she has to go to a doctor and bring some kind of paper back, with a diagnosis on it. Or something saying it's safe to work with her, If he doesn't call the CDC, Center for Disease Control, the number is in the phone book. Good luck.

Spotlight: Member Stories

About Me: I'm a wife and a mom. Why I came to WebMD: To become a better informed health consumer. I'm a baby boomer facing the same cha...More

Helpful Tips

The hand of God will never lead you, where the Grace of God cannot protect you!" More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.