Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
We Can All Be Closer To God
lukeperry posted:
Hey Guys,

I haven't been here in awhile, how is everybody doing? I was reading some of the things Sebastianlondo, Faithinpraying, a few other people and I wrote. I was hoping maybe you found your way to being closer to God. He has a different relationship with each and everyone of us, but they will all be close ones. As close as we let him. He made every person from him and out of his pure love. I mean a part of him, like DNA, so you have a direct link to him like your blood father.

I use to here people say they turned there whole life over to God and I didn't know what they meant.(I bet half of them didn't turn over there WHOLE life, they just thought they did.) I only say that because it's so hard to do and it takes a lot of practice for some people.(me) I didn't learn how to do it until I was 50, but that's because I'm a hard head, control freak! Everyday I try to do better.

I started out talking to him like a best friend, then he became my father, mother, sister and brother. You know how you might be having a problem so big, that you just don't know what to do with it? All you do is think and worry about it so much, that you can't come up with a solution. When that happens, turn to God and say, "Here, I'm giving this problem to you, your shoulders are stronger and you are wiser." Then, you have to forget about it, don't think about it another second. If you start to, stop yourself by saying a little prayer, or saying it's in God's hands now. You should feel like a weight is lifted from your shoulders the min. you give it to God. He tells us to do that in the Bible and he promises to take care of it, what ever it is. If you don't feel the weight lifted, then say it again. That's how you start turning your life over to him.

I'm having a bit of a dilemma and I'm trying to hear Gods answer. I had a mastectomy 2yrs. ago and was planning to have reconstructive surgery. My surgery is scheduled for this Wed., and I don't think God wants me to have it. For the last month I've been waiting for him to tell me what to do. I'm not getting it for vanity reasons, I just want to be the whole person that I was before they butchered me. I don't know if the feeling of doubt is coming from me being afraid of the surgery, or God. I can say this much, I haven't had this feeling for years, not since I learned to trust and hear God. Now, for some reason I can't hear him or I'm not listening to him. That scares me, because I don't want to do the wrong thing! I guess I just ans. myself, I'm not suppose to get it. Oh well. Thank you for listening to me.

Luke

Spotlight: Member Stories

About Me: I'm a wife and a mom. Why I came to WebMD: To become a better informed health consumer. I'm a baby boomer facing the same cha...More

Helpful Tips

The hand of God will never lead you, where the Grace of God cannot protect you!" More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.