Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Youth Pitching upper arm/shoulder
carla430 posted:
My 11 year old son is the starting pitcher for his travel baseball team. 2 days ago while in a tournament, his arm starting hurting while on the mound. He claims it is in the shoulder region-points to deltoid, then to his trapezius muscle over clavicle. It isn't a throbbing pain, just aches and he definitely feels it when rotating his arm. I don't feel it is responding as quick as maybe it could with just ice and ibuprofen. We are only 2 days from date of injury, no Dr. visit yet, but am concerned becasue the next game is in 2 days and of course they want to put him back on the mound. What do you reccommend?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I don't think any doctor or physical therapist would advocate for pitching through pain. Please do see the doctor - an untreated injury has the potential for an injury that could sideline him for much longer than needed

Haylen

Helpful Tips

Hydration and the HeatExpert
Keep in mind with the warmer weather upon us, that our bodies will take some time to adapt to the temperature changes. Our bodies adapt ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center