Skip to content
Lump in hip/muscular pain
jcbracy posted:
I am a professional dancer and around December I noticed a gradual start of pain to my left hip. I have a lump the size of a grape in my thigh about an 2 inches down from the crease where the thigh and groin meet. The muscles around the lump are extremely tight and sore and stretching causes intense pain in my hip flexor.

Dancing, especially extensions and turnout of the left leg, has become increasing painful. Whether I'm resting or stretching doesn't seem to make much difference. Taking advil takes away the pain and seems to get rid of the swelling and deep tissue massage makes the area much looser.

I keep thinking it's some kind of muscular imbalance but the fact that the lump doesn't go away and the pain starts at the lump and radiates to the rest of my thigh and groin has me slightly concerned.

I don't remember doing anything that caused a sudden pain or pulling of the area it just started feeling sore one day and from there the pain has gradually gotten worse.

I'm going to see a doctor about it late June but does anyone have any thoughts or something similar?

Thanks!

Helpful Tips

Hydration and the HeatExpert
Keep in mind with the warmer weather upon us, that our bodies will take some time to adapt to the temperature changes. Our bodies adapt ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center