Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Knee Frustration
duckgirl11 posted:
I hurt my knee about four weeks ago while running on a flat but slightly rocky surface in the woods behind my house.
My knee gave out when this happened but then I was able to walk on it with a limp. For two weeks I had a very hard time going up and down stairs and just plainly walking. Walking has gotten alot easier but when I try to run I start to get severe pain in my knee again. When this happens I give it a week rest and try again a week later but it has almost been a month and I still cannot run on my knee. My knee becomes swollen on the outer left side even when I ride my bike or walk. This happens even when I am feeling no pain whatsoever. Does anyone have any advice to what might be wrong? I have done the symptom checker on here and it always says my ACL or stress fracture but I am not sure what to do.
Thanks

Anon_22455 responded:
You need to see an orthopedist about this, nobody can diagnose you on an internet board. Sounds a lot like when I tore my meniscus though

Helpful Tips

My Easy Fix
I went through ALL the treatments, physical therapy, steroid injections, different shoes, "the boot"...none of it worked. Then, I had a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center