Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Tendon Blisters
mmarley50 posted:
Bought a great pair of work boots (FRYE Women's Dakota Wedge Boot) and subsequently after a few work hours got two large blisters in the back of each of my feet (tendon blisters). I would like to know what its best to put on my tendons (besides bandaids) for the next time I wear them (yes I must continue to break then in)...which I am not looking forward to. Please advice.

Mary Ann Wilmarth, PT, DPT, OCS responded:
The more firm the shoe, the harder it can be to break it in. You could do a number of different things. Putting a donut ring , generally made of moleskin, around the blister can sometimes help. Otherwise, there are a number of over the counter items for blister prevention and care that you can purchase at a pharmacy. In addition, there are some socks that can assist in preventing blisters.

I hope one or more of things will help you.

Dr. Wilmarth

Helpful Tips

Running ShoesExpert
Remember to replace your running shoes every 300-400- miles or every 6 months. Many running related injuries are due to worn out footwear. More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center