Skip to content
No Bruising or swelling after trauma
Gioia_Gioiosa posted:
Why don't I bruise or swell after a trauma? I rarely bruise or swell after injuring myself, like when I fell off my horse and ended up fracturing my ankle, sturnum and multiple ribs I should have been black, blue, purple and puffy all over but not so much. It was a nasty fall and I lost consiousnes (thankfully no cuncusion) so they sent me to the ER and I had pain in my ankle so they did an x-ray since they were doing others and sure enough it had a fracture, but still it never bruised or swelled, even after I reinjured(basically made the the fracture worse) it the following day. I've also had multiple bumps, sprains, strains and other various injuries that casue brusing and swelling where the pain will definatly be there and lack of mobility in the affected area and often heat radiating from the injury but no or very little bruising or swelling. I'm not really concerned by my lack of bruising and swelling more curious about it (though it's not very fun trying to convince people and doctors about the seriousness of an injury dispite the distinct lack of these things).

Helpful Tips

Running ShoesExpert
Remember to replace your running shoes every 300-400- miles or every 6 months. Many running related injuries are due to worn out footwear. More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center