Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
radial shockwave therapy for plantar fasciitis/torn medial band
Laralane posted:
Has anyone had experience with this treatment for heel pain? Does it work? Thank you.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'm sorry no one was able to chime in with first hand experience. Here is some information that you might find useful when deciding on how to treat:

The goals of treatment for plantar fasciitis

I hope you find pain relief soon!

Haylen

Bees3Js responded:
Hi Laralane,
I did have the shockwave therapy to my right foot, as it was the worse of both having PF. I had it a few years back and had to pay out of pocket for it, as it was not covered by BCBS of NC. Considered "experimental" at the time. I chose this treatment over surgery, as I don't do well with surgeries. Well, I wouldn't do it again. It took a long time to feel the benefits, had to pay ton of money and ended up in the operating room anyhow. Even takes a long time to feel better after a fasciotomy. Keep up with new inserts, good sneakers, good stretching exercises and NEVER walk barefoot. Good luck with your decision and prognosis.

Helpful Tips

Hydration and the HeatExpert
Keep in mind with the warmer weather upon us, that our bodies will take some time to adapt to the temperature changes. Our bodies adapt ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center