Skip to content
What is "Sarvers"?
FiveFergies posted:
My 13 year old son is having pain in his heal/ akelies tendon area. We saw an Orthopedist who diagnosed it as Sarvers. I can not find any information on line about it but said it is common in very active kids entering puberty. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. How long does it take to heal? The Dr. said that to continue to play on it will not make it worse and would not necessarily make it heal faster.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi there -

Please call your son's doctor and get the correct name for his diagnosis. I don't believe "sarvers" is a medical term.

In the meantime, here are some links that might give you additional information about foot injuries:

Achilles Tendon Injury and What is plantar fasciitis?

Please come back and let us know the diagnosis and I can provide you with additional information!

Haylen

Helpful Tips

Running ShoesExpert
Remember to replace your running shoes every 300-400- miles or every 6 months. Many running related injuries are due to worn out footwear. More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center