Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    What is "Sarvers"?
    FiveFergies posted:
    My 13 year old son is having pain in his heal/ akelies tendon area. We saw an Orthopedist who diagnosed it as Sarvers. I can not find any information on line about it but said it is common in very active kids entering puberty. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. How long does it take to heal? The Dr. said that to continue to play on it will not make it worse and would not necessarily make it heal faster.
    Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi there -

    Please call your son's doctor and get the correct name for his diagnosis. I don't believe "sarvers" is a medical term.

    In the meantime, here are some links that might give you additional information about foot injuries:

    Achilles Tendon Injury and What is plantar fasciitis?

    Please come back and let us know the diagnosis and I can provide you with additional information!


    Helpful Tips

    Hydration and the HeatExpert
    Keep in mind with the warmer weather upon us, that our bodies will take some time to adapt to the temperature changes. Our bodies adapt ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    26 of 36 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center