Skip to content
HELLO just found out i have a few tore ligaments ...
An_248585 posted:
A few days ago I sprained my ankle and tore ligaments. I have been following up with my g-p and orthopedist . My ankle is still very unstable [br>I might have to get surgery to tightened the ligaments but it isn't very effective and that if I do nothing I could have degenerative arthritis in the future. I am awaiting to see the orthopedist they gave me a brace to but it hurts even more when i use it but anyways what should i do ?? and if i get surgery how long will i be out of work ?? at my job there is no light duty lol but please help and im 29 years old so need the best help out there........

Take the Poll

HELLO just found out i have a few tore ligaments ...
  • na
  • na
  • na
  • na
  • na
vote
View Poll Results

Anon_22455 responded:
The orthopedist will be the one who can answer those questions. In the mean time, keep taking care of it the best you can. It can take several months for a severe ankle sprain to heal.

Helpful Tips

Ankle injuries
Anything beyond a grade 1 lateral ankle strain I feel is best treated in a Fx boot and or cast with WBAT or crutches. Follow up xrays a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center