Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
complete hamstring tendon tear
Michaelat1229 posted:
I am 58 years old woman who fell, injuring the Rt hamstring 10 weeks ago. Orthopedic Dr. sent me for PT. After 6 weeks of PT the therapists sent me back to doctor to have hard lump checked and beacause I was not improving. Doctor finally did MRI which showed complete full-thickness tendon tear of hamstring at ischial tuberosity, with 7 cm retraction. (Although that doctor told me it was a muscle tear at the knee. He did not have a copy of the report with him when he told me the results. I later obtained the actual report which was so different than what he told me.) I have an appointment with a sports medicine surgeon because of continued leg weakness and instability and pain on sitting, driving, and walking/running. There is also a lot of tingling in the hip/buttocks. I walk half marathons for recreation and walk/dance/yoga for exercise. Physical therapists say there is nothing more they can do. What are options? Is surgery still possible?

Helpful Tips

Hydration and the HeatExpert
Keep in mind with the warmer weather upon us, that our bodies will take some time to adapt to the temperature changes. Our bodies adapt ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center