Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Ankle Ligament Reconstruction
Sandiecakes posted:
About five years ago (November 2007) I had a right anterior talofibular ligament reconstruction surgery. Before the surgery I had sprained my ankle nine time, seven of which required my leg to be casted. I had gone through physical therapy three times, and wore an ankle brace almost everyday. After the surgery I did not have any ankle sprains. I, again, went through physical therapy and "passed" with flying colors. In October of 2010 I stepped off a curb wrong and had a right tibial avoulsion fracture. I had a non-walking cast for six weeks, a walking cast for 3 months and then more physical therapy. Again I "passed" physical therapy with flying colors. In July of 2011, about 9 months later, I sprained my ankle. I had a six week cast and for about three weeks I did not walk on it. Once again more physical therapy. My ankle has never hurt without injury. Now I am having a hard time walking without pain, and during the night I will wake up to my ankle spasing. This has been going on for about two weeks. My orthopedic doctor has been such an amazing doctor I don't really want to go in and bug him if I don't have to. Is this normal or should I go and see him?

Anon_22455 responded:
If the pain is bad enough that it wakes you up at night, then you should go see a doctor, primary care or orthopedist is up to you.

Helpful Tips

Hydration and the HeatExpert
Keep in mind with the warmer weather upon us, that our bodies will take some time to adapt to the temperature changes. Our bodies adapt ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center