Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Ham to Glute Injury
Lefebvre posted:
My 50 year old and athletic wife injured her hamstring to glute area about two and a half years ago and we would like help in determining how to recover from it. The injury occurred when she slipped playing beach volleyball, ending up with her legs in the splits position and what appears to be a tear or hyper extended ligament. The interior/back of her leg bruised from her knee to her glute. She iced the first few days and was inactive for months. She slowly started jogging but to this day she still feels the injury all the time with pain when sitting or lifting the leg when running.

I'm trying to find her a doctor under my insurance (were recently married) but we are having a difficult time pinning down the type of doctor that will best help determine the injury and surgery/therapy options needed.

What is specifically the most likely injury and what should we be searching for in a doctor?

Helpful Tips

Ankle sprain prevention
There is a new school of thought emerging on how to prevent ankle sprains. A new training device called "The Shifter" has shown to increase ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center