Skip to content
ankle injury
CFGR94 posted:
im 18 years old and im a high school athlete. 4 years ago in a game i twisted my ankle and someone stepped on it and it really hurt.i wasnt able to walk for 3 months and a half.after a year same thing happened again but to my right ankle this time and someone stepped on it while i was on the ground.i went to the ER and got X-rays and other exams done.the doctor said it was my ligaments and that i could have surgery that day.i said no cause i was scared.since all that happened my ankles feel very weak,they hurt all the time,they crack from nowhere,whenever i twist my ankles just a little they hurt so much that i cry,the pain comes and goes and when it comes it hurts so much that i cant sleep at night.when winter comes my ankles get so tight up and stiff that they hurt just to move them around. HOW do i know if i really need surgery or not? if i do is it to late to get it done?

Helpful Tips

Hydration and the HeatExpert
Keep in mind with the warmer weather upon us, that our bodies will take some time to adapt to the temperature changes. Our bodies adapt ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center