Skip to content
Strained upper back muscle
nobody102 posted:
Help. I look like "the hunchback of notre dame". I have a very large bbump in upper back, below the shoulder blade. I did not notice it until three days ago. I was at the gym doing my normal routine on some machines. Did not feel any pain at the gym, or even the next day. The day after that, I noticed that my shoulder/upper back on one side was sore. Thought it was just from a normal workout. Went to bed. Next day, still sore. Then that evening, my wife said, "what's that on your back?" I looked in the mirror, and started freaking out. Huge hump! I have been taking Ibuprofen and using a heating pad for the last three days. Not much improvement. The funny, thing is, it does not hurt as bad as at looks. I can function, work. It is just tender if I arch my shoulders back. No bruising showing. Going to a Ortho tomorrow. Is this normal for a mucle pull? Should't the swelling bo going down by now???

Helpful Tips

Hydration and the HeatExpert
Keep in mind with the warmer weather upon us, that our bodies will take some time to adapt to the temperature changes. Our bodies adapt ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center