Skip to content
Very Sore right thigh muscle, not sure what it is?
Pearlygirl11 posted:
I am a 17 year old Female, and the outer muscle in my right thigh really hurts whenever I move it. This injury was from sports but not from over exerting my muscle. Yesterday I was playing indoor soccer and someone kneed me in the thigh, right where my muscle is, today it is still very sore and painful, the muscle is the part that hurts. This has happened to me a total of 3 times from the same thing, someone kneeing me in the thigh, and it is very painful. It takes a while to recover if I am staying active after, but if I rest it diligently then it will heal faster. But I have never herd of anyone else having this problem, so I am very curious as to what it is. The feeling of my muscle is similar to the day after a hard work out and the lactic acid is gnawing at your muscles, but it stays longer.

Helpful Tips

Running ShoesExpert
Remember to replace your running shoes every 300-400- miles or every 6 months. Many running related injuries are due to worn out footwear. More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center