Skip to content
TORN ANKLE Ligament?
An_250060 posted:
Hi, I hope who ever is reading can give me some kind of input or advice, and for those researching the subject if you are injured you are not alone!!
Anyways, my name is Diego, I play soccer and baseball, last august i was playing soccer in a rec league which happened to be played on a turf field, I was wearing soccer cleats, while I was playing I decided to slide tackle the opponent, unfortunately when I was impulsing my right foot got stuck and down I went, I heard a pop and right away I thought it had been my knee but when I stood up my ankle was in pain, its my first injury ankle injury, The ankle didnt swell that much, but i Couldnt walk on it for a couple of days, I thought it was a light sprain. about a month later I decided to go the Dr, they had me do xrays but nothing seems wrong, she sent me PT, but after the first 3 months no difference was noted. My ankle rolled inwards, and now when I am sitting down and lift up my foot , if I push it outwards the right side of my ankle hurts like something is being pulled, another thing ive noticed is that if I stand on my toes my right calf feels weird almost like if its shorter than my left, I feel like its pulled.
I can walk and run( but very little).
I went for a second opinion and they prescribed custom insoles, I got them, they feel really comfortable but its been a few weeks and I honestly dont feel any better, would you recommend getting an MRI after so long?

Helpful Tips

pain on your bikeExpert
Proper bike fit is one of the more important elements to enjoying a ride. A proper bike fit can help prevent neck pain, back pain, hand ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center