Skip to content
Persistent leg muscle pain-- what is it?
dcolangelo posted:
Since I started running 4 months ago after a few years off, there has been muscle pain and tightness from my left glute down to lower hamstring. The 2 ends of area hurt the most, but the whole area is tight. I don't recall any specific injury, as the pain and tightness gradually came on starting with the first run in September. As a result, I have not been able to run more than 2-3 times per week to allow for recovery. And most recently, I've not run for 3 weeks straight to give it a rest. Contrary to my expectations, the pain and tightness have actually gotten worse in this time.

I've experienced multiple types of muscle and ligament injuries in my life, but none like this one. Some 5k races are coming up this spring, and I am hoping to compete!

Thanks for any input.

Helpful Tips

Hydration and the HeatExpert
Keep in mind with the warmer weather upon us, that our bodies will take some time to adapt to the temperature changes. Our bodies adapt ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center