Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sharp decline in muscle capabilities
guy24 posted:
Hello

About 3 week ago i did a work out involving a lot of repetitions of pull-ups. After that workout i had a bad case of D.O.M.S for about a week - my muscles were really tight, sour and swollen. After it passed i noticed two things that changed: First It felt like i gained more range of motion - i might be wrong on this one - and the second which bothers me more is the fact that before i had the incident i could pull myself up for at least 10 reps and now i can hardly pull 2.
What might have caused that? Should i consult a physician?
What would you recommend as the best way to get my old capabilities back?

Thanks,
Guy

bellasimon responded:
Yes for sure.You should consult a physical therapist. You can regain your capabilities back if you follow your physical therapist's advise. I had the exact same thing and my physical therapist Pain Care & Wellness said that it would take around 7 to 8 months to recover. He helped me a lot to regain my strength.

Helpful Tips

Hydration and the HeatExpert
Keep in mind with the warmer weather upon us, that our bodies will take some time to adapt to the temperature changes. Our bodies adapt ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center