Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fractured acromion
rhj300 posted:
My 15yo fractured is acromion at the growth plate Oct 26th, 2012. The imaging showed a 4mm separation. We have gone through the should sling, bone stimulator, rest etc... At our last CT in Jan, there is no fusion and the separation increased to 7mm. There is no pain and the shoulder has free movement. My son does feel a little movement if he pulls his arm forward and across his body. The Dr released my son back to full activity in which he pitched 30 pitches at his last baseball game with no problems, tenderness or pain. The doc feels that because this fracture was at the growth plate the bone may not fuse until his late teens. As a concern dad, is this normal, what other complications may come about? Any other options?

Helpful Tips

Running ShoesExpert
Remember to replace your running shoes every 300-400- miles or every 6 months. Many running related injuries are due to worn out footwear. More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center