Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
calf & arm muscle twitches
jsmurrillo posted:
Hello, I experience constant muscle twitches in my left calf and have since I was 21, and I turn 40 this year. I have exercised regularly since age 21 and noticed the muscle twitches begin at that time. Within the last 2 weeks I have begun to experience the twitches in my left forearm as well. I did just give birth 14 weeks ago to my 2nd child. The quirky part is that the muscles generally ONLY twitch when I am lying down to sleep or once in a while as I sit in a movie theater; which makes it quite difficult to fall sleep. They used to go away if I dug my other knee into my twitching calf deeply and massaged it, but the area where it twitches has moved slightly to the left and even the deep muscle massage doesn't work now. What can I do to alleviate these twitches? They are driving me nuts.

Helpful Tips

Running ShoesExpert
Remember to replace your running shoes every 300-400- miles or every 6 months. Many running related injuries are due to worn out footwear. More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 39 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center