Skip to content
Plantar Fasciitis
bemiller30 posted:
I've had Plantar Fasciitis for over a year. I am at my wits end. First l went to a regular doctor who told me to stretch it by pulling my toes back and prescribed me anti-inflammatory's. Didn't work. I finally got a referral to a Podiatrist. They took an x-ray and showed I had the beginnings of a heel spur. Told me I definitely had PF. Told me I needed a steroid shot, got one. Also said I needed heel inserts or custom orthotics. I got the heel inserts b/c they were cheaper. He said people had relief with them. It felt about 70 % better immediately. But it was still there. Went back 3 week, he told me to keep wearing heel pads and supportive shoes. I did. Went back 3 weeks later and it still wasn't gone. He gave me another shot. Went back a month later, and finally broke down and got custom orthotics, $300. He also told me to get Brooks Adrenaline shoes as they are the best for support. I did. I think I have spent close to $1000.00 in a year trying to get rid of this. And it's still there. I thought it was gone a few weeks ago, but it came back with a vengeance.
Also, my shoes are worn completely down, especially my other leg. It's like now my gait is off. It's like I"ve been compensating for a year and can't even walk right anymore.
I started trying to lose weight and started exercising earlier this year. Things were going pretty good. My PF was clearing up again, but it just keeps coming back. How can I lose weight if I can't even go for walks?? Or do any kind of exercising b/c of pressure on my foot. I also develop shin splints only in my right leg....probably b/c I'm putting more pressure on that leg than the leg with PF.
Very frustrated right now. I think I need Physical Therapy, but I'm afraid it'll just be another dead end. I'm tired of throwing money down and not getting a resolution.
Help me! Please. I also have heard about the PRP injections, but that they are super expensive and insurance doesn't cover them. But if it really does work I'm willing to try anything so I can get back to exercising again and losing weight. I also use to be a runner. I haven't ran in over a year, mainly b/c of this problem.

Helpful Tips

Hydration and the HeatExpert
Keep in mind with the warmer weather upon us, that our bodies will take some time to adapt to the temperature changes. Our bodies adapt ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center